Monday, October 19, 2009

More Memorials

I try to keep Jonas' memory alive in any way I can, so I wanted to share a few examples of some things I've done. These are mostly things that other grieving women have offered to do for anyone. I always jump at the chance to share Jonas' name in these ways.

Here is his rock in a woman's rock garden for babies and children:Here is a picture of the rock garden all lit up, along with a balloon release with all the babies' names written on them:
The next memorial is a lantern release that a woman offered to do. She wrote all the babies' names on the lanterns--112 names in all! You can see Jonas' name here:And last, Jonas' name was included in a list of angels in honor of Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day, which was October 15th. She also lit a candle for him. His name is in the first column towards the middle, written in dark ink. http://2feetonearth1inthestars.wordpress.com/
One of these days, I'd love to do something similar for anyone who has had a miscarriage, stillbirth, or who has lost a child in any way. I'm thinking that I'll do something for Jonas' first birthday in March. I'm not sure why, but these little things really do help me heal. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment